Saturday, December 30, 2006

South Padre Island, Tx - Jan 16, 2006


I stopped the first night at Wal-mart, Pt.Isabel and was sure glad I was not out on South Padre. There was tremendous wind that kept me awake most of the night. There are painted dolphins all around town. Also I stopped at the lighthouse.

I stayed at Isla Blanca on South Padre one night. I enjoyed touring the campground and relaxing along the beach. But there were just too many winter Texans there for me. I stopped all along the beach and walked on the sand but the conditions were still windy. There was a huge flea market there which I did enjoy.

I think I was about the only person on the beach due to the winds. I was on the west side which is lined with high rise hotels and condos.


But it still seemed peaceful with no one around.

After exploring the island I moved over to Sunchaser RV Park in Harlingen. This was a very friendly little spot in a guy's backyard but I did like it. Robbie and Shaka were also camped here and not far away was Gypsy Joan's place, where we often went for dinner. I stayed one week and then decided to go west.

No comments: